TeamAsia has been in the business of integrated marketing communications for 24 years, and because of its longevity, has experienced some pretty cool things. From being one of the first companies to innovating mall events, the agency has been there as the industry shaped to be what it is today. Here are 24 surprising things about TeamAsia:
1.TeamAsia was officially launched in Hong Kong as The Events and Awards Manager of Asia, Ltd. The team organized the Asian Management Awards in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines for the Asian Institute of Management and the Far Eastern Economic Times.
2. The company was born in Hong Kong. When it moved to the Philippines, their office was in a garage!
3. TeamAsia is one of the first brands in the Philippines to have a corporate website!
4. TeamAsia brought prominent public speakers Michael Porter, Peter Drucker, Gary Hamel, Deepak Chopra, Tom Hopkins, and Robert Kiyosaki to speak at industry events, years before bringing personalities to the Philippines was a trend.
5. TeamAsia helped bring Intel and SAP software technology in the Philippines.
6. As of 2016, TeamAsia’s CSR arm My Dream in a Shoebox has given 116,247 shoeboxes filled with school supplies to children in need.
7. TeamAsia helped launch the IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP), the enabling association for the information technology and business process management (IT-BPM) industry in the Philippines.
8. TeamAsia helped conceptualize the International IT-BPM Summit (IIS) with IBPAP. Today, IBPAP is the one-stop information and advocacy gateway for the industry, with over 300 industry and support-industry members and five associations. TeamAsia has executed all eight summits since 2009.
9. It took TeamAsia three days to prepare the pitch for the 2015 edition of the IIS. They prepared for the event in three months, bringing in 49 speakers from all over the globe.
10. In 2013, TeamAsia won Best Information Services Mobile Application award at the Mobile Web Award for the event mobile app it developed for the IIS.
Mr. Guglielmo Brentel, President of the École hôtelière de Lausanne Group, Khun Chanin Donavanik, Vice Chairman & Chairman of the Executive Committee of Dusit International, Khun Suphajee Suthumpun, group CEO of Dusit International, Mrs. Evelyn Singson, President and Vice Chairman of the Philippine Hoteliers Inc., Mr. Hervé Fleury,Executive Vice Chairman of the Board of Institut Paul Bocuse, and Mr. Ron Hilvert, Managing Director of Dusit Hospitality Management College and dusitD2 the fort, manila.
11. TeamAsia is an enabler. The agency assisted Google Philippines and Madrid Fusion Manila launch in the country, and launched Dusit Hospitality Management College, Dusit International’s individual collaboration with Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne and Institut Paul Bocuse, two of the most respected hospitality and culinary schools in the world.
12. TeamAsia pioneered the trade exhibit in a mall concept, through the PC Weekend Madness to promote Intel. Following the success of the event, clients like Canon and SAP software solutions requested for similar launches.
Department of Tourism Sec. Ramon Jimenez at the opening of the inaugural Madrid Fusion Manila
13. The company has global clients! Through the years, they have done the public relations and digital work for Madrid Fusion Manila, PR for the Hong Kong Tourism Board, the European Union, and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Marlon Stockinger at Globe Slipstream
14. TeamAsia likes it fast. The agency executed the PR efforts for Globe Slipstream with Marlon Stockinger, the first Filipino Junior Lotus F1 driver. In the event, he recreated the F1 experience through a heart-stopping driving exhibition.
15. Globe Slipstream was nominated for Best Sports PR at the PRWeek Awards and the Marketing Awards PR Southeast Asia. The campaign won Best Sales & Marketing Events for the Philippine M.I.C.E. Conference 2015.
The team at the National Museum for Pop-up Happenings
16. TeamAsia holds a regular casual meet-up called the Pop-Up Happenings, where employees can hang out and do something fun, like an afternoon of bowling and a day-trip to the National Museum. In 2015, TeamAsia won the Quill Award of Merit at the Philippine Quill Awards for the employee engagement initiative.
17. TeamAsia innovated events by integrating the Audience Response System, which allows events to be more interactive for the crowd through various technologies like tweet-casting, text-in questions, and a mobile app where the audience can engage in discussions.
18. Bea Lim, the company’s managing director, started working at TeamAsia when she was six years old.
19. Denise Limon, the marketing and accounts director, is a second-generation TeamAsian. Her mother was a program manager.
20. Levon Frilles, account executive, was previously an agent for a modeling agency. Before booking clients for TeamAsia, he scouted for, booked, and trained runway and commercials models.
21. Three of the Content team’s members are from the media. Anna Limon, the content director, is a lifestyle writer and served as the managing editor for online zine, Juice.ph. Immanuel Pastolero, the associate editor, was a producer for GMA’s 24 Oras and Saksi. And Koji Arsua, a senior editorial associate, maintained two sections for The Philippine Star.
22. The Creative team is known for creating groundbreaking invites. For the Wonderful World With Globe 7, the team created hologram invites. For the first Globe Slipstream, they created a DIY paper car invite.
23. The person who has been with TeamAsia the longest is Jeff Enriquez, the company’s IT & Web director. He has been in TeamAsia for 12 years! In fact, the IT & Web department has the lowest employee turnover in the company.
24. The Accounts team has grown recently. Before, the team was made up of four employees, including the director, and the team would have an average of five pitches per account executive. Now, they are a team of eight.
For a young brand, TeamAsia has accomplished so much. And as the agency enters a quarter of a century old, the team is ready to accomplish greater things.